"If yоu're a 'snacker,' snack smarter" - this intriguing idea has caught my sight today. What can a smart snack be like, I asked myself. I've already bumped into those recommendations like eat 3 almonds or drink a glass of water if you feel hungry. But does it really work for anybody? Is there a human on the Earth who can swallow 3 nuts and stop or drink some water and get happy with it? Certainly, not me. What about you, guys?
Anyway, that word 'smart' looked pretty, and the article was presented by one of the best US clinics, so I decided to give it a chance and read the article on. Would you like to know what snack ideas it offered?
1. Keep vegetables washed and cut in your refrigerator for quick snacks.
2. Reach for vegetables that require little preparation, such as baby carrots and cherry tomatoes.
3. Keep a bowl of fruit on your kitchen counter.
4. Be sure to limit your intake of dried fruits because they're not as filling as whole fruits and they have a lot more calories in a smaller volume of food. For example, 1⁄4 cup of raisins has the same number of calories — about 100 — as almost 2 cups of grapes.
5. Try fruit slices like mango or peach on whole-wheat toast with a little peanut butter and honey.
6. Smoothie plain low-fat yogurt and your favorite frozen fruits.
7. My fave. Puree together banana, berries, lemon, mint, ice and 2 cups of fresh raw baby spinach — this green concoction may look odd, but it tastes delicious!
Well, thank you, Mayo Clinics, for these recommendations. Of course, they are not revolutionary, but a whole-grain toast with peach slices sounds much more realistically than 3 almonds, lol. And to be honest, I'm that kind of a person who needs such reminders from time to time to review my eating habits. Hope, it's also been useful for you, friends.
Go ahead, let us know what you think of these 7 ideas, and share your snack recepes in the comments below. Your experience can make someone's getting back into shape postpartum struggle more effective.
Ann from the
Smart Parent Store team
Leave a comment